- Cal Bears Explode For Win Over No. 3 Oregon
- Houston Dash Defeats FC Kansas City, 2-1
- Scrap Yard Dawgs Sign Monica Abbott
- Being a Good Teammate and Being a Family (by Alex Powers)
- The Outliers: Are They Born or Made?
- UCLA & Cal Softball Teams Battle in Rain Delay Dance-Off
- Gallery: USWNT 2-1 Germany at SheBelieves Cup (by @Spitfire2485)
- USWNT Defeats Germany for SheBelieves Cup Title
- USA Water Polo Team Announces Olympic Qualification Tournament Roster
- A look inside the USWNT She Believes Cup with Amy Maestri
Six Women Take On The Entire 2012 Tour De France Route
- July 16, 2012
Six women are taking on the entire 2012 Tour De France route to inspire others. The Rêve women’s team is riding the complete the 2173 mile hilly route of the 2012 Tour de France, proving to themselves, other female cyclists, and women thinking about taking up the sport, that any bicycle dream is possible. They’ll ride one day ahead of the men’s Tour, stay in the same spartan hotels and endure the unrelenting grind of daily transfers that define the three-week journey around France. Every training mile and every kilometer in France will be pedaled in support of Bikes Belong. Bikes Belong is a national coalition of bicycle retailers and suppliers working to make cycling safer and more accessible for women. Read the full story frem Rêve.
Just to be clear, that’s two THOUSAND one hundred seventy three miles, with hills, on a bike. Are you inspired? WE ARE!
Visit the team’s daily blog where you can see their personal bios and donate to Bikes Belong.
Katie Powlison, Age 27 – Boulder, Colorado @muddylegs
Heidi Swift, Age 34 – Portland, Oregon @heidiswift
Jennifer Cree, Age 36 – Portland, Oregon
Kym Fant, Age 37 – Santa Rosa, California @kymstour
Kristen Peterson, Age 26 – Boulder, Colorado @kristentri
Maria del Pilar Vazquez, Age 40 – Caguas, Puerto Rico